Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gorrick racing

3 posters

Go down

Gorrick racing Empty Gorrick racing

Post  woody1200 2008-07-21, 10:18

Hi all just to see if any body is intersted to Know the Gorrick Hit of again this year of the Autumn Classic Races just look at www.gorrick.com
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Number of posts : 822
Bike : ScottMc10Genius / Proadorthin scott/ team marin
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Gorrick racing Empty Re: Gorrick racing

Post  MKSteve 2008-07-21, 14:55

I'll be doing the Autumn classic again this year, but it looks like they've cut it down to only one race Crying or Very sad . Be looking to improve on my places from last year.

Steve

MKSteve
XT
XT

Number of posts : 123
Bike : Univega DS830
Registration date : 2007-08-05

http://www.royalandderngate.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2008-07-22, 09:47

MKSteve wrote:I'll be doing the Autumn classic again this year, but it looks like they've cut it down to only one race Crying or Very sad . Be looking to improve on my places from last year.

Steve
thay have no anounced all the racing yet but thay will
we see whot thay put on next .....
last time there was four ..
this time i can only see one but that is whot thay did last year
so we have to wait until August to find out
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2008-08-29, 10:39

A huge pre-entry has already come in for our first 12 hour enduro event at Minley Manor near Yateley on Saturday 6 September 2008, but don't worry if you haven't got yours in yet, as online and postal PRE-ENTRIES don't close until SUNDAY 31st AUGUST. If you're still unsure of your exact team line-up, don't worry, you can submit your entry anyway and confirm the rider names at the event when you collect your Race Number Pack (which also contain lots of info and some great offers) at Event Registration. The options are Solo, Pairs, or Teams of 3 or 4. There will be Entry On The Day as usual, but with a late entry charge of £5 per rider.

Here's a reminder of what you can expect:
1. Headline sponsors TORQ Fitness will be giving away free bottles, energy bars or gels to every rider. In addition, they'll also be supplying your energy needs at the on-course TORQ POWER STATION with free energy drink.

2. Our stalwart sponsor MOUNTAIN TRAX who fund our race numbers will have a collection of their standard demo bikes to test, with the addition of the Yeti Cycles demo fleet. Please remember to bring ID such as a driving licence if you want to try one.

3. The following companies are supporting the event not only showing off their products, but also by giving away PRIZES to race winners and SPOT PRIZES too.

Lumicycle Lights, Saddle Skedaddle - our new 2009 Spring Series XC sponsor, Action Cameras, Dodgy Gear Clothing, Bike Goo cleaning materials, 1st Gear Cycles, Camberley Osteopathic Clinic, and Chelmer Cycles with the Cannondale demo truck.

4. The course designed by Jon Lucas and Paul Howard is in it's final stages and is typically 'Gorrick' and 8 MILES LONG i.e. flowing with sinuous singletrack through pine forest and a few technical challenges interspersed by short fireroads to aid recovery and refuelling. It will be very well marked with travelling marshalls, paramedics and bike mechanics should any problems occur. The final 500m will be a very fast downhill blast awarding both riders and spectators a great view of the action.

5. Onsite facilities include Free Camping, Showers, Toilets, Drinking Water, Hot and Cold Food from Friday evening through to 2 am on Sunday morning, a Solo Pit/Camping Area, our event Photographer and last but not least the MASSAGE team.

6. The VENUE opens from 12pm on Friday when the course will be available for pre-riding. EVENT REGISTRATION will be open on FRIDAY from 2pm to 7pm and on SATURDAY from 8am to 10.30am with rider briefing at 11 am.

We hope to see you there!

GORRICK MBC
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Gav 2008-08-30, 04:56

Blimey Woody that must have taken ages to write!

Thanks for the info.
Little Gav
Little Gav
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 652
Bike : Orange Five, P7 & Condor Fratello
Registration date : 2006-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2008-08-30, 06:33

Little Gav wrote:Blimey Woody that must have taken ages to write!

Thanks for the info.
mmm
i am not that good at writing but one of my friend sent it to me and i thought one of cub may be intrested so i put it up..
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Gav 2008-08-30, 14:56

Thanks anyway good work
Little Gav
Little Gav
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 652
Bike : Orange Five, P7 & Condor Fratello
Registration date : 2006-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2008-09-01, 10:18

Little Gav wrote:Thanks anyway good work
and there two more
the next one is At Tunnel hill on the 12 Octorber

Everyone's favourite venue makes a welcome return for this special one off mountain bike race event, where you over 30's take centre stage. We have extended the male categories into 5 year age bands to spice things up and included an over 60 Super Vets for the first time, which has teased out some older faces we haven't seen for a while! Supporting Fun and Open races to keep the younger riders happy and the usual Gorrick atmosphere, will ensure a great days riding whatever your age.

These are the categories and please make a note of the special race times:

Masters 30-34 - 10:30,
Masters Plus 35-39 - 10:35,
Veteran 40-44 -12:00,
Veteran Plus 45-49 -12:05,
Grand Vet 50-54 -13:15,
Grand Vet Plus 55-59 - 13:17,
Super Vet 60+ - 13:19,
Master, Veteran & Grand Veteran Females - 13:25,
Fun Male & Female 12+ - 13:30,
Open Male & Female 16+ - 14:30.

ONLINE entries close on Tuesday 7 October but, as always, you will be able to ENTER ON THE DAY.
You can expect all the usual facilities too, check out the information pages on the website for full details at www.gorrick.com.

See you there,

GORRICK MBC
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content