Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

patient person required

4 posters

Go down

patient person required Empty patient person required

Post  np john 2008-02-21, 06:07

as above. im really unfit i came out with you guys a couple of years ago a few times and struggled badly then i tore my ligaments and cartlidge in my knee its taken 18 months of recovery and 3 operations but now im able to ride again.
so basically my fitness is zero in fact more like -10 so is there anyone willing to come out with me to work on my fitness and doesnt mind waiting half an hour at every climb while im puking my way up. Embarassed
np john
np john
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 66
Bike : genesi altitude 30
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

patient person required Empty Wait for me............

Post  Caroline 2008-02-21, 07:06

I shouldn't worry too much as I am currently bringing up the rear. Everyone is very polite about always having to wait for me but I'm working on it.

My other half has been having terrible trouble with the duvet monster over the last month but shall be joining us again hopefully on Sunday, to get in training for the Welsh hills, so I'm sure he will keep you company as well.
Caroline
Caroline
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 218
Bike : Girlie Stumpjumper 2007
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

patient person required Empty Re: patient person required

Post  np john 2008-02-21, 07:29

i would love to ride with the group again but i fear i would be a burden and ruin the ride for everyone else. but if its ok i may join you on sunday for an hour or so. at least you wont be at the back anymore Laughing

are you riding woburn if so what time?

if i remember correctly i injured myself last time i went out with you lot and fiz and little gav walked me back to the car. Rolling Eyes
np john
np john
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase 2008-02-21, 09:50

I agree with Caroline, don’t worry about how slow you think you’re going to be.

It’s not a race and in my opinion 90% of the people riding each Sunday are there for the social aspect that a club offers as opposed to getting round as fast as possible.

I’m sure you’ll be surprised at how quickly your fitness improves and there’s no better way to do this than riding with a club.

Hopefully he won’t mind me saying, but I remember one of the first rides Iain did, he had to stop half way round to puke up!!! Now he’s a flying machine.
Jase
Jase
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  np john 2008-02-21, 10:05

i rode with iain when he just came back from injury. he still kicked my butt then.

if its alright i will come along on sunday what time do you start and do you still meet up at the top of the hill sandy lane is it?
np john
np john
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  fizzmo 2008-02-21, 13:26

We remember you John!

You're welcome back anytime, no bother about being slow.. everyone has those experiences at some point.

Take it at your own pace and we'll be there too - Like Jase says it's a social thing for enjoyment, not just beasting yourself to get fit ASAP

I'm all for the slow and steady approach (then overtake them on the uphills!)...

car park at the top of the hill at 10 am and again at 11.

F-mo
fizzmo
fizzmo
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 250
Bike : SRAMtastic WiFli
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content