Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ride The London 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike course

3 posters

Go down

Ride The London 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike course  Empty Ride The London 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike course

Post  Petunia 2013-03-12, 15:37

"The London 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike course is not open to the general public. However, riders of a suitable standard who are interested in riding the course may have the chance to join supervised rides.
You will be guided by the experienced and qualified coaches who will lead you around the course and provide you with expert guidance on the correct technique to safely complete each technical feature.Riders can book onto the four hour session which will start at 10am and break at 12pm for a 30 minute lunch and reconvene at 12:30pm for the final two hours. Cost: £45
Or £25 for a 2 hour ‘taster session’
Each session has a capacity of 14 riders. Riders must be highly skilled and have experience of riding black runs at Mountain bike trail centres across the country. A self-assessment will be sent out on completion of your booking with the coaches completing a skills test on the day. The coaches reserve the right to refuse participation in the led rides if they feel an individual is at risk of causing them self or others harm"

Find more details and dates via;
http://www.essexlegacy.org/olympic-venues/hadleigh-farm/can-i-ride-the-mountain-bike-course/
Myself and my friend Chris (some of you may remember her as the one who rides in wellies in the snow) are booked on the 4 hour session on 13th April.
This is probably the last date before they modify the course for general use. So, why not get yourselves booked in and maybe see you there on the 13th April and ride the actual Olympic Mountain bike course. What a Face
Petunia
Petunia
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 15
Bike : Nicolai
Registration date : 2010-03-16

Back to top Go down

Ride The London 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike course  Empty Re: Ride The London 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike course

Post  speedy_daz 2013-03-13, 11:35

How much ! Shocked Isn't the olympics about leaving a legacy? or cashing in?

And there is only 9 features?

Think I will stick to the site of the commonwealth games its free, if a little cheeky in places Razz
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Ride The London 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike course  Empty Re: Ride The London 2012 Olympic Mountain Bike course

Post  woody1200 2013-03-15, 03:59

that sound great i would love a go but i am moving this mouth... Sad Sad Sad Sad
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Number of posts : 822
Bike : ScottMc10Genius / Proadorthin scott/ team marin
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2013-03-15, 04:00

that sound great i would love a go but i am moving this mouth... Sad Sad Sad Sad
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Number of posts : 822
Bike : ScottMc10Genius / Proadorthin scott/ team marin
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down