Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RED KITE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL - 2/4 August 2013

3 posters

Go down

RED KITE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL - 2/4 August 2013 Empty RED KITE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL - 2/4 August 2013

Post  Big Gav 2013-06-18, 13:43

The `Red Kite Mountain Bike Bash` as its now known was the very first event ever organised for mountain bikers and was established 27 years ago when mountain biking first began in the UK.

Cyclone always used to attend this event, along with The Real Ale Wobble, that's held in November.

To celebrate our 15th Year we propose to return to the Welsh homeland and enjoy some of the UKs best `natural` mountain biking with trails such as Doethie Valley, `The Splashes` Ride, Devils Staircase, Abergwesyn & Lyn Brianne to name but a few.

Llanwrtyd Wells was home to mountain biking before any of the trail centres and a real mecca for mountain bikers.

Its infamous Neuadd Arms and Gordon Green are as famous as Gary Fisher himself.; as well as the ever present John Lloyd, now famous for his events such as the Merida Series.

If you wish to go let me know and we'll see if we can get a party together.

Cheers, bg

Big Gav
XT
XT

Number of posts : 154
Bike : Cove Stiffee, Cove Handjob & Rocky Mountain ETX-30
Registration date : 2006-11-14

http://gavin.vanner@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

RED KITE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL - 2/4 August 2013 Empty Re: RED KITE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL - 2/4 August 2013

Post  Big Gav 2013-06-18, 14:06

The cost for the entry is £20 per day;
For that you are guided and given assistance if you have a mechanical or can't get back.

For the full 3 days it is £50.

B & B in the town varies from £22 to appx £40p.n.

Cheers, Gav

Big Gav
XT
XT

Number of posts : 154
Bike : Cove Stiffee, Cove Handjob & Rocky Mountain ETX-30
Registration date : 2006-11-14

http://gavin.vanner@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

RED KITE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL - 2/4 August 2013 Empty Re: RED KITE MOUNTAIN BIKE FESTIVAL - 2/4 August 2013

Post  Tin Tin 2013-06-23, 13:05

May do The Real Ale Wobble this year, was always a good laugh, some great beer and a fun ride (usually with a hang over)
Tin Tin
Tin Tin
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 281
Bike : Cannondale RZ120 - 2
Registration date : 2006-10-27

http://www.roughridersmbc.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  twowheelboy 2013-07-04, 04:59

Hey Gav, a few of us rode the event a couple of years ago and as we feared its not a patch on how it used to be. My first Cyclone trip was the Redkite and I have such good memories of it it won't be the same for me. It doesn't help that their website isn't putting much effort into promoting it. There was only about a dozen riders last time. Its a shame its not as good as it used to be but we are spoilt for choice now with trail centres which are basically free to use and so well laid on for bikers. Also the town is so far away from anywhere its a real effort to get to. Sorry I don't mean to put a downer on the event but unless it gets a lot of promotion people like us who used to attend won't take a chance and go along or others will not even hear of the event. I'd be more tempted to do the Wobble as I haven't done that before.
twowheelboy
twowheelboy
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 59
Bike : Merida/Giant-NRS,Trance&TCR/On-One Singleoid
Registration date : 2010-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down