Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just being nosey

3 posters

Go down

Just being nosey Empty Just being nosey

Post  tezza 2007-10-29, 06:33

I was amazed how many people were riding on Saturday, esp as Cyclone had a weekender on the go. Where do these other big groups come from? One group I passed around 12.30-12.45 must have had 8-10 guys riding. They cant be local as i only saw them in the church car park, and not on any of the trials I rode.

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Back to top Go down

Just being nosey Empty Re: Just being nosey

Post  Jase 2007-10-29, 10:38

There are the Buzzards who are from the Leighton side I believe.

Sillygrin who are Stevenage way but ride Woburn regularly.

Not sure if either of these ride Saturdays.

Also MK Redway Riders who ride the woods occasionally I think.

Prob loads more too.
Jase
Jase
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  tezza 2007-10-30, 04:24

Jase, thought Saturday was quieter than Sunday, apart from the horses! Dont think these guys were frequent riders, as i didnt see them on the off-the-beaten-track trails at all. Maybe need to go back to riding Sundays, but i,m sure its lively as well. Having said all that its good to see more people getting some use out of the woods. Just wish people would keep their dogs on leads.

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  Digger 2008-04-21, 04:51

Off topic a bit I know, but in answer to the last post - I don't have a problem with dogs off the leads, as long as they are under control. I don't think we can expect people to keep them on the leads as the woods are there for everybody to enjoy - walkers, dog walkers and cyclists alike. Sorry - as a biker I'm frustrated at the conflict of the different users in the woods. One of my kids went up there with their class for study (now bear in mind these are 7 yr old kids), and the teacher got a sly comment from a biker that "Kids shoudn't be up here as it is for cycling" - unbelievable! Mad Sorry, I'm not suggesting this is your opinion but I think everybody needs to be a bit more accomodating. I am a permit holder and keen biker, but also enjoy walking with my family and kids there. Rant over.

Back on topic - I've also seen the Reservoir Goats in numbers recently and occasionally MK Redway Riders and Woburn Crankers.

Digger
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  tezza 2008-04-22, 09:50

Digger, agree in part with your sentiments but having been bitten by dogs more than once they are a pest in the wrong owners hands. Also, in Back Wood all dogs are supposed to be on leads. There are signs up advising this. As for conflict, never really had any apart from dog walkers. this isnt just in the woods, but on redways and bridleways in general. And thats before the small matter of leaving their dogs' crap all over the place. Anyways, if you are the same digger that was over Back Wood last Tuesday, did you find the trail we chatted about? I was finishing up as you came over the church road.

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum