Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday night

3 posters

Go down

Wednesday night Empty Wednesday night

Post  MKSteve 2007-08-09, 15:17

Hi all - me again!

Just a quick note to say thanks for the amazing ride on Wednesday night. Really glad I shot back from Northampton for it.

Hope I didn't hold anyone up or anything. That's the 1st time I've ridden anything that technical. Think me and my 10 year old POS did pretty well. No tumbles, which was a relief. Glad I ride flatties or I'd probably have broken legs by now!

Finished on a high by making it up 'hamburger hill' in the middle ring with no pushing - the stairs in my house were a bit of a challenge later that evening tho!

looking forward to Sunday now - can't come soon enough...

Steve

MKSteve
XT
XT

Number of posts : 123
Bike : Univega DS830
Registration date : 2007-08-05

http://www.royalandderngate.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Wednesday night Empty Re: Wednesday night

Post  Guest 2007-08-10, 10:38

Glad you enjoyed it Steve!

Back to top Go down

Post  filthyhabit 2007-08-10, 12:09

Yeah, was enjoying wednesday nights ride until my calf muscle exploded again when i tried to cycle THROUGH a tree. You lot didn't thrash me quite as horribly as my previous Wed night, so I must be getting better.
Thanks Little Gav for mopping me up, and thanks to the rest of you for a fun ride.
I might see the Doc about my calf , make sure there's nothing actually wrong. Think i'm pushing it too hard too quick for an old out of shape fat B*****d that I am lol. Did a nice long road recovery ride today 52 miles at a leisurly 15mph average. 3 1/2 hours in the saddle. Leg felt OK, so I'm up for more Very Happy
Rob.
filthyhabit
filthyhabit
XT
XT

Number of posts : 101
Bike : Rock Lobster Team Ti.
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  MKSteve 2007-08-10, 15:27

52 miles? eek! I feel like a wuss now 'cos I put the bike into the car for the drive from monkston to aspley! What happened with you and the tree fella?

just finished giving the front forks a service, which will hopefully put a bit more life into the old dog, and enable me to push a bit harder over some of the rougher downhill sections. They seem a lot more supple now, so we'll see if it helps.

gonna pick up a camelback tomorrow too, as the lack of fluid and mars bars was a bit of a downfall. where's a good place locally to pick one up?

LOL at whoever shouted at the bottom of Aspley hill "watch out! he's got V brakes!" - cheeky git! new pads going on tomorrow hopefully...

Steve

MKSteve
XT
XT

Number of posts : 123
Bike : Univega DS830
Registration date : 2007-08-05

http://www.royalandderngate.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 2007-08-10, 16:59

Steve
You're better off browsing the web for the camelbak. All the usual places: wiggle; chain reaction et al
Paul
Paul
XT
XT

Number of posts : 135
Bike : Trek 8500, X-Cal 29er and a Madone 5.2
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down