Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RE thetford Dust to Dawn

4 posters

Go down

RE thetford Dust to Dawn Empty RE thetford Dust to Dawn

Post  woody1200 2010-06-19, 10:29

Since its inception, this home-grown festival of cycling in the dark has attracted a loyal band of followers who love the friendly banter, the fast flowing trails, and the incredible atmosphere. Despite boasting a field of well over a 1,000 riders, D2D lives up to its reputation as the most laid back event on the annual enduro calendar.

Each year, crowds of spectators gather at the start line ablaze with millions of watts of lights to see riders off to 12 hours of fun in the dark. Throughout the night, riders weave effortlessly through the tall pines on typical unrelenting Thetford single-track, kept on their toes by occasional bomb holes and fierce competition at the top end of each category.

Fueled by competitiveness and caffeine, this year’s riders will battle each other and their own need for sleep, combating unpredictable weather and a challenging course to see who will take the top places as night fades warmly into dawn. Join us and find out what has made this end-of-season enduro so incredibly popular

Date: October 2-3
Venue: High Lodge Visitor's Centre, Thetford Forest
all the Phot of the Night will be done , Photography By Joolze Dymond. and i am look forwould to doing it
Thetfordmtb.com
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Number of posts : 822
Bike : ScottMc10Genius / Proadorthin scott/ team marin
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

RE thetford Dust to Dawn Empty Re: RE thetford Dust to Dawn

Post  woody1200 2010-09-11, 06:00

I have just got me and speed Daz 4 this so there is Space if any of you would like to join us for a night ride around Thetford forist
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy_daz 2010-09-11, 10:16

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee anyone? Smile
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  smegger 2010-09-11, 13:38

Aaron's a veteran I'm sure he's doing nothing and would love to help out, ;0)
smegger
smegger
XTR, SLR's and a Chris King H/S
XTR, SLR's and a Chris King H/S

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  zebardy 2010-09-12, 02:10

Give me a chance, I still haven't made it back out on a mtb since the last 12 hour event I did! And judging by the way I spent the night with an ice pack strapped to my right knee thats not going to change today Sad. Kind of promised I'd do a triathlon that weekend, tho that assumes I'll be running again by then. Then again I'm not exactly cycling at the moment either. So not going to commit to anything at the moment. If you can find someone else then all is good, otherwise I'll see what state I'm in closer to the event.
zebardy
zebardy
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 201
Bike : On-one 456 carbon
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

RE thetford Dust to Dawn Empty REGISTRATION IS CLOSED - EVENT IS FULL

Post  woody1200 2010-09-24, 10:02

Hi not long now
Date: October 2-3
Venue: High Lodge Visitor's Centre, Thetford Forest
the race Number is confoemend at 308
Sign-on is from 10:30am – 6:30pm the day of the race.

Water is not available on-site, so please remember to bring your own.

Team Changes and Rider Substitutions: Team changes that require a category change can be made for free up until 3 September 2010. After 3 September, category changes will cost £5. Rider substitutions that don't affect the team's category can be made free of charge up to and including race day.

Swapping Spares: Once a rider is on course, normal mountain bike racing rules apply. No outside technical assistance is allowed - riders must be self sufficient. Support from other racers is allowed provided that they are "on course" at the same time. This includes swapping spares, tools, and even bike parts.

Solo Pits: Only solo riders may enter or take assistance in the solo pit area. Any rider who experiences a mechanical malfunction that is not repairable on course, must continue around the course to the team change-over area before they may take assistance.

Cheating: Cheating will not be tolerated. Substituting unregistered riders, cutting through the tapes, having outside assistance, short cuts, and any other clear attempts at cheating will result in instant disqualification for the whole team. Riders must race within the course tape. Where it has not been possible or practical to erect course tape, riders must stick to the obvious trail.

Minimum Laps: Every rider must complete a minimum of two laps during the course of the event. If each member does not race the minimum, then the team's score will not count. Exceptions to this rule will be given on a case by case basis for teams with riders who suffer a legitimate injury.

Handover: While rider A is out on the course, rider B needs to go to the bike corral, a storage area for bikes next to the handover area, and wait on foot for his/her team member to arrive. Rider A will come into the arena after his/her lap and hand the baton over to rider B. Rider B will walk to his/her bike (parked in the bike corral), and walk onto the course before climbing aboard and riding off on the next lap. ALL RIDERS MUST DISMOUNT WHERE INDICATED AND WALK THROUGH THE SCORING AREA!!

Equipment: All riders must wear a helmet at all times while riding, including warm-up and riding around in the arena. Lights are required on all bikes while on course during hours of darkness (basically the whole race). A back-up light source is STRONGLY encouraged, but not mandatory.

Finishing: The winning team will be the one that completes the most laps in the shortest time. Results will be based on the number of laps, plus time taken to finish after 8 a.m. As long as you finish your lap before 8 a.m you may head out for another lap. Lurking before the finish on course is not necessary and could cost you positions. You are not at any time obligated to go out for another lap. Remember, most laps in the least time wins.
Very Happy Very Happy
and Aarron if i am the last Person i will try to slow it down so you not have to go out for that Last Lap lol
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2010-09-26, 09:14

ok this is were i stand i have got 5 day to go before i am on Dust to dawn and who is on so far..
1Paul wood (Woody)
2 Darron smith (speedy_daz)

3 Aaron ?
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  zebardy 2010-09-28, 06:07

Hi Woody, considering I was barely able to crawl around the woods on a club ride the weekend before last (attempting puke hill one legged was interesting), and this weekend managed to make it to the woods and cycle one trail before crawling home. I'm really not looking like being in a state to race this weekend. As I said last time you should be looking for another rider, as I was an outside chance then Sad. No real running or cycling at the moment, at least I can still swim!
zebardy
zebardy
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 201
Bike : On-one 456 carbon
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

RE thetford Dust to Dawn Empty Help

Post  woody1200 2010-09-28, 12:06

I am one Man down and i need three to do Dust to Dawn it is this week end all is Paid 4 just have to turn up .
just me
and Darron
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2010-09-30, 10:52

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/4191?
WE STILL NEED A RIDER
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2010-09-30, 11:33

From London, Cambridge, Newmarket:

Follow the A11 towards Thetford. Continue straight over the Elveden crossroads, up to the second roundabout. Turn left on to the B1107, signposted Brandon. After approximately 2 miles turn left (signposted High Lodge Forest Centre) and follow the Forest Drive for 1 mile.

From Norwich:

Follow the A11 towards Thetford. Continue straight on past A134 roundabout. At next roundabout turn right, on to the B1107, signposted Brandon. After approximately 2 miles turn left (signposted High Lodge Forest Centre) and follow the Forest Drive for 1 mile.

From King's Lynn:

Follow the A134 to Mundford, then on to the A1065 southbound (signposted Brandon). Enter Brandon and turn left at traffic lights (signposted High Lodge Forest Centre). Continue along B1107. After approximately 1.5 miles turn right (signposted High Lodge Forest Centre) and follow the Forest Drive for 1 mile.

From North Norfolk:

Follow the A1065, through Swaffham, towards Brandon. Enter Brandon and turn left at traffic lights (signposted High Lodge Forest Centre). Continue along B1107. After approximately 1.5 miles turn right (signposted High Lodge Forest Centre) and follow the Forest Drive for 1 mile.

From Bury St. Edmunds:

Follow the A134 towards Thetford. At A11 roundabout continue straight over (signposted Brandon, B1107). After approximately 2 miles turn left (signposted High Lodge Forest Centre) and follow the Forest Drive for 1 mile.
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2010-10-01, 10:07

Ok, There is a new (hopefully easier) plan with regard to parking. We WILL NOT be mailing out parking passes.
You have not been left out if you don't receive a mailing.

You will need to come up the forest drive to the toll gates,take a parking ticket (don't worry you won't have to pay if you're a competitor or in a car with a competitor), competitors and camping need to be in the left lane, spectators need to be in the right lane, meet and greet will sort out getting you to the team camping area or the solo area, your race pack, free t-shirt can be got from the registration trailer in the arena. Here's the important part........when you come to registration to pick up your number boards, you will be given parking passes for the number of people registered. So for instance a soloist gets 1 parking pass, pairs entries get 2 parking passes, teams of 3 get 3 parking passes and so on. These parking passes are each good for 1 car regardless of how many people are in it.

Water can be obtained from a tap at High Lodge. It may be an idea to bring some water just to get started as there may be a Q.

There are fixed toilets on site, DO NOT EMPTY YOUR PORTABLE LOOS IN THESE it will destroy the system. there will also be porta loos as well. There will also be skips for rubbish, Please make sure the site is left clear of rubbish. NO BBQs or FIRES PLEASE

If you are arriving Friday afternnoon/evening, the gates will be closed at 9pm to the site, gates will re open at 8am Saturday.

The course will be open from 12 noon Saturday, please note there will be no marshals on the course until the event starts.

There is a children's play area, Go Ape, and Segways if you want to do stuff before the event.
woody1200
woody1200
Chris King Ti Racer 800
Chris King Ti Racer 800

Back to top Go down

Post  woody1200 2010-10-04, 10:40

here are the Lap times we did
23 7 12:53:09 5 Laps Down 308