Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hope Pro 2 Aluminium freehub body and cassettes

4 posters

Go down

Hope Pro 2 Aluminium freehub body and cassettes Empty Hope Pro 2 Aluminium freehub body and cassettes

Post  DaveL 2009-07-28, 17:22

I've just found out the hard way that a SRAM 970 cassette isn't a high enough spec for the hope pro2 aluminium freehub body.

The mounting of the individual sprockets doesn't give enough support and the sprockets have started to chew away at the freehub body.

The answer - use XT grade cassettes (or equivalent where the sprockets are fully supported so there are no stress points on the freehub body) or the stell freehub body aftermarket option (heavier but more solid than the Alu one).

...and my jockey wheel siezed after friday's race Sad

DaveL
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 15
Bike : Orange 5
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Hope Pro 2 Aluminium freehub body and cassettes Empty Re: Hope Pro 2 Aluminium freehub body and cassettes

Post  Kurt 2009-07-29, 14:21

That's not good. I had heard the same.

The SRAM PG990 is quite good, with the splines machined all the way which should prevent the problem. You may even get away with swapping to one without replacing the chewed up free hub?

Hope Pro 2 Aluminium freehub body and cassettes 40173

I've had one on my bike since Christmas and it seems to be wearing extremely well :-)
Kurt
Kurt
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 219
Bike : Trek Top Fuel 8
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Hope Pro 2 Aluminium freehub body and cassettes Empty Re: Hope Pro 2 Aluminium freehub body and cassettes

Post  DaveL 2009-07-29, 14:26

yeah... I think I may be lucky on that one and have spotted it in time. I have a steel freehub body which I swapped on until I use up my existing cassette and then swap in an XT / a 990.

At least they're easy to change.

DaveL
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 15
Bike : Orange 5
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Si 2009-08-01, 17:19

I can recommend these kcnc jockey wheels

Expensive, but they are the mutts nuts.
Si
Si
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 301
Bike : Orange 5 Pro 08', Woodrup Giro Tourer '78
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin 2009-08-03, 04:45

Bling Bling.................I'll have the Red ones Santa please. santa
Martin
Martin
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 233
Bike : Prophet 1000
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down