Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can any body recommend maps with trails

3 posters

Go down

Can any body recommend maps with trails Empty Can any body recommend maps with trails

Post  pinky 2008-06-16, 12:24

Can any one recommend any maps with trails around the woods where you ride?
I'm probably not going to be able to come to any of Cyclones rides for a couple of weeks but want to explore the area by myself and do not know it at all.
Am up for exploring but would like to have map handy as back up, have ordinance survey but doesn't show any trails.
pinky
pinky
XT
XT

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Can any body recommend maps with trails Empty Re: Can any body recommend maps with trails

Post  Andy 2008-06-16, 12:47

If you have any Memory Map software, this is helpful as you can scale in and out and also plot the route and see it in 3D, so you can judge the terrain.

Alternatively, the Greensand Trust website www.greensandtrust.org will give you some basic details but the maps won't inform you of the best bits to ride.

Otherwise, if you've got a GPS or a map and compass, just get out and ride there, you can't get lost. Hang out with us during the week and we can show you round that's the best way! Ride tomorrow night if you're up for it

lol!
Andy
Andy
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 381
Bike : Yeti AS-R
Registration date : 2006-10-28

Back to top Go down

Can any body recommend maps with trails Empty Re: Can any body recommend maps with trails

Post  speedy_daz 2008-06-16, 12:59

Riding is the best way to find your way around, most of the trails we ride are not on the maps.
Post a message on here when your riding Im sure someone will join you if you worried about getting lost!

Darren
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  pinky 2008-06-16, 14:16

Thanks guys
I cant make it tomorrow or I would be there Crying or Very sad
I am planning to go up at around 4.30 - 6pm on Wednesday this week so if any one is around let me know
(If I don't see anyone, keep an eye out for my body next time you're out - as I'm bound to get lost)
Smile
PS My muscles feel ok after Sunday's ride does this mean I've got away without any pain or should I expect it later in the week?
pinky
pinky
XT
XT

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down