Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

unsure ride "cwmcarn"

2 posters

Go down

unsure ride "cwmcarn" Empty unsure ride "cwmcarn"

Post  jim 2008-03-25, 03:15

hi guys
hope your trip to wales was enjoyable and all went well i did a day trip to cwmcarn yesterday so thats one more to tick off the list
i have mixed feelings about this ride because not sure if i enjoyed it or not it did'nt seem to flow all that well but the singletrack section through the wood was very good had a good time at the top of the climb in the free ride area nice fast switchbacks and big table tops and doubles to jump but saying that it could'nt of been all that bad we did it twice lol!

has anyone else been to cwmcarn and what did you think
jim
jim
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 217
Bike : 2011 stumpjumper EVO
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

unsure ride "cwmcarn" Empty Re: unsure ride "cwmcarn"

Post  tezza 2008-03-25, 04:24

Jim, love Cwm Carn, the climbs are great for testing technical skills, all the roots and steps definitely helped me. The top of the hill (airstream I think) was the best bit, then the final descent. I was a bit worried before I went first as the write ups want you to believe its a difficult loop but it isnt. I know what you mean about flow but its the same with most manmade trails, some parts do, some parts dont. It edges out Cannock for me as a good place not too far away to go for a blast.

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jim 2008-03-25, 04:29

total agree did love it
it just lacked something Sad
jim
jim
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 217
Bike : 2011 stumpjumper EVO
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  tezza 2008-03-25, 06:50

planning on riding Afan in a couple of weeks, my first time there. I,ll let you know how it compares to Cwm Carn (if you havent been there already), its not that much further on really; easily doable in a day.

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  tezza 2008-04-18, 13:55

Jim, sorry, swell forecast for last weekend was good enough that I took a board down and went for a surf instead of going to afan. do fancy it though so if you do go you can let me know what its like.

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down