Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Route 51 Demo Day

4 posters

Go down

Route 51 Demo Day Empty Route 51 Demo Day

Post  N@th 2008-02-07, 06:34

Route 51 Demo Day Header

2008 Orange Demo Day - Aspley Woods Woburn Sands - March 30th

Route 51 Cycles and Orange Mountain Bikes annual demo day will be take place at Aspley Woods, (top of Church Road) Woburn Sands, Bedfordshire MK17 8TS (Grid reference - SP 924 344) on Sunday, March 30th, the start of British Summer Time. From 10.00 am to 5.00 pm.

Route 51 Cycles will have the complete 2008 range of Orange Mountain Bikes available for you to try out including the new all steel Prestige and the ST4.

Please bring along a photo ID (full driving license or passport) and you will be required to sign a waiver in order to ride the demo bikes.

Amazing offers will be available on all 2008 Orange bikes purchased during April for all attendees with up to 36 months no deposit interest free credit.

www.route51cycles.co.uk
N@th
N@th
Chris King Ultimate Racer
Chris King Ultimate Racer

Number of posts : 902
Bike : BMX Aero Burner, CW handlebars, 2 finger brakes, layback seat post.
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Route 51 Demo Day Empty Re: Route 51 Demo Day

Post  MKSteve 2008-02-07, 14:40

I'd have liked to go to this, and see what I'm missing out on with my Old Univega brick! Rolling Eyes

Already penciled myself in to race at the 1st round of the Midlands that day tho Crying or Very sad

Steve

MKSteve
XT
XT

Number of posts : 123
Bike : Univega DS830
Registration date : 2007-08-05

http://www.royalandderngate.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase 2008-03-29, 11:44

Don't forget this tomorrow boys and girls.
Jase
Jase
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Si 2008-03-31, 13:58

Did anyone test ride any orange bikes yesterday?

After a weekend of babysitting I made it down to the car park for 3pm

Spent an hour hacking through the mud on an orange 5 pro, here's my review -

Orange 5 pro

It makes you want to pedal hard everywhere. After an hour I was more knackered than usual, I realised I'd been riding faster than normal. Slack angles for the front, quite an upright riding position, similar to my Kona. Unlike my kona, the front wheel didn't wander while climbing. I did the climbs on the middle ring rather than the granny ( but the bike is about 7lb lighter). Everytime I wanted to loft the wheel over a root the front end popped up so easily. I did my usual half assed bunny hop (lift front over obstacle then lift the rear) over a 6 inch log and the rear came up so high it nearly caught me out. The suspension was lovely. With pro-pedal on the rear was nicely stiff and didn't bob much. As soon as I flicked it off the trail buzz on the back disappeared - very smooth. What really impressed me was no matter how much the tyres broke away on the mud I always felt in control - great traction. The bike is sooo nicely balanced.

Overall - great bike, I'm selling the Kona Smile
Si
Si
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 301
Bike : Orange 5 Pro 08', Woodrup Giro Tourer '78
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content