Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road rides from Stony Stratford every Saturday

4 posters

Go down

Road rides from Stony Stratford every Saturday Empty Road rides from Stony Stratford every Saturday

Post  smegger 2008-01-08, 06:11

Don't know if anyone is up for this but MKCC do a regular ride from Stony for 40 miles at 15 mph with a cafe stop, every Saturday from 09:30 outside cofferidge Street, (Martins Newsagents)
smegger
smegger
XTR, SLR's and a Chris King H/S

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Road rides from Stony Stratford every Saturday Empty Re: Road rides from Stony Stratford every Saturday

Post  Jase 2008-01-08, 06:55

Smeg - Is this different to the TEAMmk ride from Stony on Sat am that Steve T does?
Jase
Jase
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Road rides from Stony Stratford every Saturday Empty Re: Road rides from Stony Stratford every Saturday

Post  smegger 2008-01-09, 05:59

i have to be honest and say I don't know , you would have to ask Steve, but I think it might be as my boss knows someone who also does this and it might be a bit hardcore as they go out and do 60-70 miles
smegger
smegger

Number of posts : 489

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete 2008-01-09, 06:30

I rode with this occasionally a couple of years ago - they seemed good bunch of folk ranging from hardcore to newbies. There was between 10-20 riders when I went out with them and they split into at least two groups. I mainly rode with the 40miles@15mph group who were helpful and very chatty. The rides usually took in a cafe stop though some riders (and usually me skipped the stop to get back home earlier). Hardcore riders rode in the fast group - usually faster and longer. I rode with this group once 70 miles, 3.5hrs no cafe - it was a lot more intense, I just hung onto a wheel and took my turn at the front of the odd paceline. A few of these guys had already got a couple of hours in before 9:30!

There is also a Sunday ride from CMK - hardcore only.

Clicky here http://www.teammk.com/trainingcyclingmain
Pete
Pete
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 58
Bike : P7
Registration date : 2007-01-29

http://web.mac.com/thebaggaleys/iWeb/Ashling%27s%20Site/family%2

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT 2008-02-12, 16:50

I don't bother with the Saturday rides over the winter that much, but we normally split into two ability groups and it’s a good old laugh, worth trying anyway. We do an off road run for 1 hour (5-6 miles) then ride for 2 hours on Saturday mornings up the woods, we start at 9am at the usual place if anyone is interested.
Sunday rides from cmk are brisk 50-70 miles around 20mph average. The numbers may be low at the moment because we have lots reliability rides (training) in the region the next one is organised by BRCC, it's 67 miles on the 17th Feb - start at Cardington Club House.
Take it easy
Steve
SteveT
SteveT
XT
XT

Number of posts : 159
Bike : Specialized Epic and Trek Madone
Registration date : 2007-02-27

http://www.myspace.com/stevetorley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down