Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Afan Trip

+6
speedy_daz
Craig
Andy
Tin Tin
iain09
smegger
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Afan Trip - Page 3 Empty Re: Afan Trip

Post  Tin Tin 2007-10-20, 12:35

filthyhabit wrote:OK , Im a bit confused....
Is it 8 of us ? or 6 ?
Thought Smegg had booked an 8 berth bunk cabin - in which case according to the website there is no cooking facilities...
or are we in 6 berth, again no cooking....
or are we in a few 2 story 3 bed cabins ?

Bert.

Bert, You could be right, the has been 6 then 8 then 6 it could well be 8 of us, check with Simon tomorrow, If so there may be no cookling facilities.
Tin Tin
Tin Tin
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 281
Bike : Cannondale RZ120 - 2
Registration date : 2006-10-27

http://www.roughridersmbc.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  smegger 2007-10-20, 13:23

There is 8 of us going so there wont be cooking facilities, so were probably best off having the meals provided, my bad I didn't notice that only the 6 berth had a kitchen
smegger
smegger
XTR, SLR's and a Chris King H/S

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  filthyhabit 2007-10-20, 13:57

yeah, lets go for meals...
but i'm gonna bring some midnight snack fodder too pig pig pig

if I get my new stem by next weekend , my Hope light is good for about 2 1/2 hours, so not sure it'll last the spooky halloween thing, but will put my lupine on as well (only good for 1 1/2 hours) giving me 4 hours . So think i'm up for it.
Longest time i've been in the saddle during a day is about 4 1/2 hours total though, so hope i can manage. I'm guessing we could be planning on riding for twice that during the day. Question of pace I think. Well up for trying though.
Will bring my portable emergency Blow-up rescue helecopter just in case.

Knee coming on nicely now.. today is first day i've not taken ibuprofen for the inflamation with phagocytosis making its last appearances, and the proliferative phase is well underway study with granulation, contraction and epithelialization all evident. But tomorrow will be first time back on bike so gotta be a bit careful and will be a test to see if any straining/spraining has occured.
Can't wait to get back on, been really pissed off not being able to train up a bit for next weekend.

RoB(ert)

ps U watching the Rugby ? 2nd half now on
filthyhabit
filthyhabit
XT
XT

Number of posts : 101
Bike : Rock Lobster Team Ti.
Registration date : 2007-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  smegger 2007-10-20, 14:49

The meal idea sounds good , otherwise there is a good Italian and Indian in Port Talbot.

Glad to hear the knee is getting better, sounded like something out of Casualty.

Don't worry about the pace of the ride Filthy, we go at a healthy pace and always wait at the next stop, so you'll get plenty of rest. I'm sure you'll cope with the ride, and if you don't fancy too much, the Cafe has excellent tea and cakes and Mountain biking videos showing all the time
smegger
smegger

Back to top Go down

Post  Tin Tin 2007-10-21, 13:45

filthyhabit wrote:
Longest time i've been in the saddle during a day is about 4 1/2 hours total though, so hope i can manage. I'm guessing we could be planning on riding for twice that during the day. Question of pace I think. Well up for trying though.
Will bring my portable emergency Blow-up rescue helecopter just in case. But tomorrow will be first time back on bike so gotta be a bit careful and will be a test to see if any straining/spraining has occured.
Can't wait to get back on, been really pissed off not being able to train up a bit for next weekend.

RoB(ert)
Rob, How did you get on back on the bike today? Dont worry about the pace next weekend it will be what ever you want it to be. The longest ride is likely to be Saturday but there is a couple of short cuts back to the start if it gets too mutch or if the desire for tea and cake becomes too strong Very Happy Cyclone weekends away are always good fun.
Tin Tin
Tin Tin
XTR
XTR

Back to top Go down

Post  iain09 2007-10-21, 14:20

Guys

We had a great ride today and for those of you that are familiar with Afan - the new energy section of the White's is brilliant!

Enjoy

Iain

iain09
XT
XT

Number of posts : 137
Bike : Commencal Meta 4 VIP/Genesis SS
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  smegger 2007-10-21, 15:12

good to hear you had an excellent ride , hope that the weather was as good as it was here
smegger
smegger

Back to top Go down

Post  filthyhabit 2007-10-21, 16:31

Tin Tin wrote: Rob, How did you get on back on the bike today?
Thanks Tin Tin, seems like inner workings of my knee are fine. Started out at 10am today , stayed out 'till 3 although I had an hour recovery at the cafe. Attacked first 2 hours quite hard to keep up close to front of pack but ran out of energy towards the final hour with Simon. Suffered a bit with continual slight stitch and a bit of back pain so might have twisted myself up a bit last weekend, but i'm fine Very Happy
Externally knee looks a bit gruesome still , got to look out for dogs attempting to lick it at the cafe lol.
Really quite chuffed on reflection, (felt a bit miserable when i bonked), that I managed to stay out for as long. Had a really good days ride - thanks to all.
Really looking forwards to Afan. just started my things to do list study
Rob.
filthyhabit
filthyhabit
XT
XT

Back to top Go down

Post  Tin Tin 2007-10-24, 12:32

I should be there about 5ish, may stop off at Cym Carn on the way down for a quick blast around the Twrch trail Smile Think we might need rain coats some time over the week end Rolling Eyes
Tin Tin
Tin Tin
XTR
XTR

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy_daz 2007-10-25, 09:57

Fingers crossed I will be there about 5 ish aswell traffic allowing.
I notice on the website they have a bar there Smile
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tin Tin 2007-10-25, 13:39

not_so_speedy_daz wrote:Fingers crossed I will be there about 5 ish aswell traffic allowing.
I notice on the website they have a bar there Smile

That sounds like a good place to meet drunken
Tin Tin
Tin Tin
XTR
XTR

Back to top Go down

Post  Tin Tin 2007-10-28, 15:51

Good weekend guys, shame about the weather but the trails were great, especialy the new section Very Happy and the company was great as always! Rob(Bert) was nice to meet you, shame about the trip to A&E on your first Cyclone outing , hope the leg gets better soon, at least it was the other leg this time Smile
Smeg thanks for organising the trip, the accommodation was good. I'm sure you fell off in that river crossing last time as well Laughing
Sorry I didnt get to say good bye to you all but hope to see you at Christmas.
Still not had a shower yet, the showers were closed when I got there! Cost me a £1 for nothing lol!
Tin Tin
Tin Tin
XTR
XTR

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy_daz 2007-10-28, 16:15

Top weekend, shame about the weather on Saturday.
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  filthyhabit 2007-10-29, 05:03

Thanks guys 'n gals for a top weekend. Couldn't have wished for a better bunch of folk to go on a trip with.

The Whites Level was fab, and i'm really pleased that I was riding it all, passing much younger fitter looking folk who were pushing their bikes around. That downhill section with the bumps and then through the trees was excellent - is that what they call the "Energy" section (new) ?

Was really lapping up the Northshore too until my fall from grace. I think my failing was looking up at that triangular lump, thinking how ugly it was, then thinking that i didn't like the look of it, then thinking that i wasn't sure if i would make it, then thinking that all the time i was spending thinking had dropped my speed so much that it was even more difficult, and then going for it anyway. Ooops.

Thanks to you all for rallying around after me on Saturday. Please let me know if there's anything that got broken/expended etc that needs replacing. Thanks for keeping my spirits up, was difficult to keep a smile going at times. Was quite pissed off that i'm potentially gonna be hobbling about for a while, but more that I couldn't join you all for the Sunday ride.

Looking forwards to the next one if you'll allow me back.
Rob
filthyhabit
filthyhabit
XT
XT

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content