Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't forget! Coed Y Brenin Trip 24-27th August

+3
iain09
N@th
Andy
7 posters

Go down

Don't forget! Coed Y Brenin Trip 24-27th August Empty Don't forget! Coed Y Brenin Trip 24-27th August

Post  Andy 2007-06-19, 13:07

Just a reminder that the Coedy trip is taking place on the August bank holiday. Many have signed up but there are plenty of spaces at the Cae Gwyn Farmhouse. Only 1 mile from the trails and £25 B&B per night. Alternatively, ring Yuki, the owner and she will reccomend other local guest houses or try www.mtbwales.com

www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/activities.htm

sunny lol!
Andy
Andy
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 381
Bike : Yeti AS-R
Registration date : 2006-10-28

Back to top Go down

Don't forget! Coed Y Brenin Trip 24-27th August Empty Re: Don't forget! Coed Y Brenin Trip 24-27th August

Post  N@th 2007-06-21, 01:51

When are you going up there? Friday tp ride Friday or Friday to ride Saturday?

I might come up and ride for a day. What day were you planning on doing the Beast or the Dragon's Back?

Saturday would be good, as they are the longer of the 4.
N@th
N@th
Chris King Ultimate Racer
Chris King Ultimate Racer

Number of posts : 902
Bike : BMX Aero Burner, CW handlebars, 2 finger brakes, layback seat post.
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Don't forget! Coed Y Brenin Trip 24-27th August Empty Re: Don't forget! Coed Y Brenin Trip 24-27th August

Post  iain09 2007-06-21, 02:25

We are going to be up there for Friday lunchtime - short ride on the Friday afternoon and then riding Saturday and Sunday leaving on the Monday. Possibly a ride on the Monday morning

iain09
XT
XT

Number of posts : 137
Bike : Commencal Meta 4 VIP/Genesis SS
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  superflyjim 2007-06-21, 05:23

Nath,

Me and Chambo were on about going up on the Saturday aswell,how's about we all jump in together.....Fnar Fnar Shocked
superflyjim
superflyjim

Number of posts : 378
Bike : Commencal Meta 5.5.2 with bling bling XTR
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://www.arrse.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  smegger 2007-08-05, 14:29

Trackstand Mike asked about other things to do in the area

Portmeirion is only 15 miles away

The Animalarium 20 miles away

Sandancer (night club ) 9 miles away

Golf course
Fairbourne Golf Club Ltd 9 miles
smegger
smegger
XTR, SLR's and a Chris King H/S
XTR, SLR's and a Chris King H/S

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Gav 2007-08-05, 16:52

GOLF !!!!!!

&*)^ off Smegger

Very Happy
Little Gav
Little Gav
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 652
Bike : Orange Five, P7 & Condor Fratello
Registration date : 2006-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy_daz 2007-08-06, 03:34

Im going to get up there for breakfast on the Friday to miss all the traffic then coming home Tuesday.
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy 2007-08-06, 03:42

The plan is to do some of the shorter routes on the Friday so that people can get to grips with the trails.

We'll do the Dragon's Back and the Beast on Saturday/Sunday, time dependent so Nath, Chambo and Jim and any 'daytrippers' come up on the Saturday and we'll do that. Everyone can do their own thing, so no-one will be pushed into doing a trail beyond their skill level.

Beers and food in the evenings! Rock on!

People were asking yesterday of what to bring:
Your bike (No joke you'll be amazed!)
A pack with bladder and space to carry kit: waterproof jacket, tubes and tools
Shoes
Helmet
Waterproof jacket
Pads-some will bring them some won't but its a particular taste. I will wear leg pads as I would wear them on the very technical sections but its up to you
Riding gear to last at least 2 days, especially lycra shorts or chammis-you don't want to be riding in sweaty gear!
Chammi cream if you are prone to a bit of soreness!
Disco gear (for evenings)
I'm a fine one to talk on this but try not to bring too much spare cobbler for cleaning and repair your bike. There is a bike shop and the trail centre has a bike wash even if guesthouses do or don't. I think the Cae Gwyn doesn't.
I am thinking that we could do a theme day, maybe hawaiian shirts on the Sunday I'll mention this at the pub

18 days to go!

sunny
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy 2007-08-09, 12:56

The most important item you bring is a Hawaiian shirt. On One are selling them and any accessories will be welcome! Prizes for the winners!

sunny
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down