Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec

+3
Paul
iain09
Tom
7 posters

Go down

For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec Empty For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec

Post  Tom 2007-04-16, 11:30

Hi guys,

Ok - after many sleepless nights and much tossing (steady..) and turning, I've reached the conclusion that it's probably sensible to sell one of my hardtails.

Sad

*sob*

I'm happy (indeed intending) to break it up into parts, as custom spec'd bikes tend to sell for a disappointing amount on eBay, they're also hard to post.

But, I'm happy to sell it as a complete bike to someone in the club, providing they pick it up (from Stony Stratford).

So, for sale:

- Kinesis Maxlight XC frame 17 - 18inch
    - Marzocchi Bomber MXC forks
    - Deore groupset (full, but can be sold individually), including hydraulic brakes
    - Ringle (cartridge bearing headset), will sell this with the frame, as they're a pain to get out
    - Bontrager saddle
    - Titec X-wing seat post
    - Wheels: Deore disc hubs, Mavic X717 rims and Bontrager Jones tyres

I've left off the stem and bar as I think I might swap them with the ones on my Trek, unless I sell the bike complete.

There are some pictures attached to the end of this post, the stem has changed since these photos were taken and is now a 'normal' flat stem rather than a pervy inverted one. Larger (5MP) versions can be found at http://tomdavis.smugmug.com/gallery/2720412.

Most of the stuff on the bike was bought mid 2004 asides from the forks which were bought in 2003 (2002 model). It's all been looked after and has probably done less than 400 miles (which is why I'm selling it).

So, is anyone interested in any of this, and what do people reckon the bits of it are worth? I have a vague idea, but would like to hear suggestions!

Cheers,
Tom

For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec 144283972-M
For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec 144284289-M

P.s. It's not all bad news - the money I get from this will help fund bling-ing my aging Trek!
Tom
Tom
XT
XT

Number of posts : 140
Bike : Trek Remedy 9, Trek Madone 4.5
Registration date : 2006-10-29

Back to top Go down

For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec Empty Re: For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec

Post  iain09 2007-04-17, 02:19

Hi Tom

whats your mobile number as I may be interested in a few bits

Cheers

Iain

iain09
XT
XT

Number of posts : 137
Bike : Commencal Meta 4 VIP/Genesis SS
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Back to top Go down

For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec Empty Re: For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec

Post  Paul 2007-04-21, 08:07

Tom I would be interested in the brakes and the wheels for a mates bike. What sort of money are we talking?
Paul
Paul
XT
XT

Number of posts : 135
Bike : Trek 8500, X-Cal 29er and a Madone 5.2
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom 2007-04-22, 04:34

Brakes and forks provisionally gone.

Wheels may have some damage to the rear bearing, so am hesitant to sell them to 'mates'.

Tom
Tom
Tom
XT
XT

Back to top Go down

For Sale: Kinesis Maxlight XC - 'Custom' spec Empty Bike box

Post  Tom 2007-04-27, 13:41

Related to this - Andy, (or anyone) do you know if the nice guys in Evans will give me a bike box or two?

Cheers,
Tom
Tom
Tom
XT
XT

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase 2007-04-27, 14:03

No harm in asking Tom, and if they don't, I'm sure Roy Pinks or Corleys will.
Jase
Jase
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Stuart 2007-08-05, 01:46

Tom I maybe interested in the frame.

Stuart
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 35
Bike : Giant Anthem 2
Registration date : 2007-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy 2007-08-06, 04:28

Tom, I can get you a bike box just pop in or drop me a line

sunny
Andy
Andy
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 381
Bike : Yeti AS-R
Registration date : 2006-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  np john 2007-08-23, 06:10

what have you still got? ive just started doing a custom build so i need everything really except frame.
np john
np john
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 66
Bike : genesi altitude 30
Registration date : 2007-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom 2007-08-25, 11:07

np john wrote:what have you still got? ive just started doing a custom build so i need everything really except frame.

John,

Afraid I've sold most of the bits on eBay now.

Stu - you still interested in the frame? Completely forgot you were interested, sorry about that. Have Messaged you my phone number if you want to take a look at it sometime.

Tom
Tom
Tom
XT
XT

Back to top Go down

Post  Stuart 2007-08-25, 16:21

Mate I'm sorted now....

Stuart
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 35
Bike : Giant Anthem 2
Registration date : 2007-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down