Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2/7Stanes

Go down

2/7Stanes Empty 2/7Stanes

Post  Craig 2007-04-08, 10:46

Hey, rode the Dalbeattie Red Hardrock trail this morning. There's some cracking new bits of red and black section. There's quite a bit of fast Northshore and loads of long pine logs/tree trunks with that have been planed down to provide a flat riding surface. You don't realise have narow they are until you on them. I walked a bit of a black section yesterday when out with the family. It looked easy enough until this morning when I nearly fell off the log bridging two large lumps of granite.

I went on over to Mabie afterwards. As far as I can remember there's nothing much new up there but still a good trail if you like hills. The pay back of course are the fast descents.

bounce affraid Very Happy cheers
Craig
Craig
XT
XT

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2006-10-30

Back to top Go down

2/7Stanes Empty Re: 2/7Stanes

Post  Craig 2007-04-08, 14:17

Oh forgot to say that the Foresty Commission has upped the car parking prices at Dalbeattie and Mabie to £2 fixed rate. It used to be £1 at Mabie and free at Dalbeattie. Dalbeattie now has a free bike wash, well it looks like it's free and is a stand pipe and hose next to a log with some notches cut out to hold the bike wheels.
Craig
Craig
XT
XT

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2006-10-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum