Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March

2 posters

Go down

Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March Empty Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March

Post  rrollins 2007-03-09, 13:32

Hi Nathan

A few of us from Wycombe Summit MTB are planning "reckie ride" at Woburn Sands from 9:30 this Sunday 11 March. We've never riden the woods before and are looking for a break from the Chiltern gloop (under statement). What are current riding condtions like?

Please could you describe and ideally post/e-mail me a map and GPX of a good introductory route ~15 miles long. Naturally I'd reciprocate if you ever wanted some suggestions for rides in the Chilterns or even plan an "exchange ride" so to speak

Cheers

-- Richard R

rrollins
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-03

Back to top Go down

Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March Empty Re: Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March

Post  N@th 2007-03-10, 04:29

Richard, no probs. I'll email you what I have to you email address in your profile.

Alternatively if you want I can meet you at 09:00 and take you over to the cafe, taking in some good bits, where we can meet the other guys in the club, and then tag along with us for another hour or so?

Either way, drop me an email:

nathan.thomas at thomson.net

Very Happy
N@th
N@th
Chris King Ultimate Racer

Number of posts : 902
Bike : BMX Aero Burner, CW handlebars, 2 finger brakes, layback seat post.
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March Empty Re: Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March

Post  rrollins 2007-03-11, 12:08

Hi Nath

On behalf of Wycombe Summit MTB Club, thanks for the ride this morning - the guys had a superb ride. 3 things that are different from our rides - it was dry, there was grip and a cafe!

I was gutted with the mechanicals on the demo Pace I was riding. Cheers for your offer to try fix but I didn't want to delay the ride, especially since we were guests. I decided to scoot (literally) back to the car park and go visit a pal in Woburn Sands.

Pse could you e-mail me the GPX file of today's route so I can see what I "could hav won", and as a thank you, I will return in a format you may view in Google Earth (if you can't do this already that is).

If you guys ever fancy a "guided" ride out in the Chilterns, GPX files of routes or just general advice for riding in the area then just drop me a line.

All the best,

-- Richard

rrollins
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  N@th 2007-03-11, 15:17

Richard, thanks.

We had a good ride, we all underestimated the weather, we were boiling after about 30mins !!!

Hope all you guys enjoyed it, a return leg to the Chilterns would be cool. Lets set a date for the summer.

Here are the trails we rode today, I'll email you the GPX.

Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March Sunday11thmarchcaferidenc7

And the 3D:

Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March Sunday11thmarchcaferidelk7

Thanks again,

Nath afro
N@th
N@th

Back to top Go down

Post  N@th 2007-03-13, 15:00

Google Earth Route !!

Suggested Woburn Sands introductory route, Sunday 11 March Sunday11thmarchcaferidewc3
N@th
N@th

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down