Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Sunday.......whos riding normal place?

+5
Tom
speedy_daz
superflyjim
Gary
N@th
9 posters

Go down

This Sunday.......whos riding normal place? Empty This Sunday.......whos riding normal place?

Post  N@th 2007-01-17, 14:52

Hey all, I just wondered who was ridinging the normal place on Sunday at 10:00 and 11:00?

A potential new member Claire, is thinking about coming up on Sunday and I was wondering how many people whould be about to make her welcome and maybe guide a ride that she feels comfortable with.

I'm away this Sunday I'm afraid, and I know Big Gav was talking about a ride in Thetford?

Is anyone still turning up as normal?

Nath
N@th
N@th
Chris King Ultimate Racer

Number of posts : 902
Bike : BMX Aero Burner, CW handlebars, 2 finger brakes, layback seat post.
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

This Sunday.......whos riding normal place? Empty Re: This Sunday.......whos riding normal place?

Post  Gary 2007-01-17, 15:14

Hi Nath,

I'm still out from 10am. I don't mind doing a chilled out route from 11am if it helps....

Gary affraid

Gary
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 35
Bike : Scott Scale 20 - Gensis SS
Registration date : 2006-11-10

http://www.baconinflate.co.uk

Back to top Go down

This Sunday.......whos riding normal place? Empty Re: This Sunday.......whos riding normal place?

Post  superflyjim 2007-01-18, 02:43

Hi,

I'll be up there this sunday,as I've got a job in Bedford that afternoon.So I won't beable to go to Thetford.
I take that we'll be meeting @ 10am Aspley car park?
Iain do you want a lift this sunday aswell?
superflyjim
superflyjim
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 378
Bike : Commencal Meta 5.5.2 with bling bling XTR
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://www.arrse.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy_daz 2007-01-18, 09:12

I won't be there this Sunday having a weekend in the Brecons with a few people from the windsurfing club. Planning to do the Gap on Saturday then the Skyline on Sunday scratch (skyline with a short cut)

ps will be on mountain bikes not windsurf boards afro
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom 2007-01-19, 10:19

I should be there, Sunday at 10am. Smile

For the first time in aaaaaages! Wahoo!

Tom
Tom
Tom
XT
XT

Number of posts : 140
Bike : Trek Remedy 9, Trek Madone 4.5

Back to top Go down

Post  N@th 2007-01-19, 16:05

tom, I'll give your Cyclone shirt to Jase as I'm not up on Sunday. Cool
N@th
N@th

Back to top Go down

Post  chambo 2007-01-20, 03:46

hi all i will be riding normal time on sunday should be interesting wit the new pedals ! Shocked

chambo
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 83
Bike : Santa Cruz Superlight-IN WHITE !!
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy 2007-01-21, 12:31

It was a good ride today I was out on the SS Soapybollox and cained it! Jase, Kieran, Andy, John (ex Evans now Corleys) and I started at 9, with John taking on a fallen tree and losing in style-a £90 pair of leggings reduced to nothing and a bollock vent added as well!

Jase later has a fight with some christmas tree branches and severed his rear brake hose!

We did look for Claire at Church Road and Church Hill car parks but to no avail. Did you arrive and we missed you? Apologies of we did. . .

lol!

Andy
Andy
Andy

Number of posts : 381
Bike : Yeti AS-R
Registration date : 2006-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  tezza 2007-01-22, 03:08

Hey chaps. Did any of you guys have any issues with the moto-X riders yesterday? Saw them riding up and down Sandy Lane in the morning. Are they now riding the bridleways and footpaths? That cant be legal cannit? Not seen them up there before so wondered if this was a new thing.

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2006-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post  N@th 2007-01-22, 03:17

Yes, there was a guy on a trials bike last Sunday. Bit of a d1ck head.

The quicker they get the gates up the better. Although, I don't think that will stop them.

Nath
N@th
N@th

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase 2007-01-22, 03:57

didn't see any yesterday, perhaps the Ranger should get himself over there on a Sunday morning if it's becomming a regular thing.
Jase
Jase
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Post  tezza 2007-01-22, 04:00

Nath, didnt see them while I was riding but they seemed a bit put-out when I took their bike reg numbers! Thought I,d get back to find my car had been beaten. Are they actually out on the trails now? I am sure its illegal and would possibly help me when I meet with the owners.

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  N@th 2007-01-22, 05:05

Oh yes, def. illegal.

I spoke to the Ranger this morning about it. She said she was in the jump bowl all day Sunday and heard them, but couldn't get up to look.

We came across one last Sunday and I politely told him to bu66er off! But he wasn't too fussed. I 'spose all we can do is continue to to tell them they are not allowed to ride up there! No
N@th
N@th

Back to top Go down

Post  tezza 2007-01-22, 06:57

until one of them clatters into an mtb'er, or spooks a horse. There were a lot of people about yesterday doing all kinds of things; methinks petrol heads and bikes/horses/dogs/runners and ramblers dont mix. Will be posting my application form tonight; hope the cheque isnt made of rubber Laughing

tezza
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom 2007-01-22, 10:39

Sounds like the motocross riders could cause a bit of friction. Hope not. Sad We found a log that someone had put in the middle of the path on the ride yesterday (can't remember who pointed it out to me), that wasn't there earlier in the ride.

Good ride though! Smile 32 miles door to door, longest ride in 4months for me.

See you next weekend!

Tom
Tom
Tom
XT
XT

Number of posts : 140
Bike : Trek Remedy 9, Trek Madone 4.5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down