Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yellow Keyfobs for members

+5
Little Gav
Tin Tin
iain09
speedy_daz
Andy
9 posters

Go down

Yellow Keyfobs  for members Empty Yellow Keyfobs for members

Post  Andy 2009-08-17, 07:23

Hi,

If you haven't had a yellow key fob from Cyclone, please see one of the Gav's, Fizz or myself and we will issue them.

This could be because you haven't paid-you are expected tp wear the band when riding so that Greensand Trust wardens can see you and not bother to stop you and they know you are insured so please pay. We've been a bit quiet on this but the membership lasts a year and is cheaper on the second year after you have joined.

Also, if you change your personal details, please inform me.

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by Andy on 2009-08-18, 07:40; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 381
Bike : Yeti AS-R
Registration date : 2006-10-28

Back to top Go down

Yellow Keyfobs  for members Empty Re: Yellow Keyfobs for members

Post  speedy_daz 2009-08-17, 12:00

I assume you mean the keyring fobs?
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  iain09 2009-08-17, 14:27

wristbands are so last year!!

iain09
XT
XT

Number of posts : 137
Bike : Commencal Meta 4 VIP/Genesis SS
Registration date : 2006-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Tin Tin 2009-08-17, 15:35

not_so_speedy_daz wrote:I assume you mean the keyring fobs?

My persoanl details have changed, I haven’t got a bike or membership but I'm getting a bike and thinking about renewing membership, the question is will I receive a yellow wrist band from Cyclone or will I get a key fob (can I have a red one to match my bike?) or will I get nothing again as per the last 6 years. Sounds like there is a bit of confusion back at the Cyclone committee lol!
Tin Tin
Tin Tin
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 281
Bike : Cannondale RZ120 - 2
Registration date : 2006-10-27

http://www.roughridersmbc.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Gav 2009-08-18, 05:38

Tin Tin wrote:
not_so_speedy_daz wrote:I assume you mean the keyring fobs?

My persoanl details have changed, I haven’t got a bike or membership but I'm getting a bike and thinking about renewing membership, the question is will I receive a yellow wrist band from Cyclone or will I get a key fob (can I have a red one to match my bike?) or will I get nothing again as per the last 6 years. Sounds like there is a bit of confusion back at the Cyclone committee lol!

No confusion this end G,

I don't recall you riding in Woburn last year when the RED BANDS were first introduced. As they are only of use in and around Woburn to confirm membership and blanket permit cover theres no real point in having them for any of the other rides around the UK.

Same applies for the KEYFOBS this year. Although unlike the bands they are quite nice to have.

However you haven't renewed so you haven't been sent a KEYFOB. Simple really.

Very Happy

Last edited by Little Gav on 2009-08-18, 05:48; edited 1 time in total
Little Gav
Little Gav
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 652
Bike : Orange Five, P7 & Condor Fratello
Registration date : 2006-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase_MK 2009-08-18, 05:47

Sent off a cheque and membership form back in April but never heard anything back so assume all is fine?

I'll ask someone for a yellow thing next time I'm out, although I'm doing a fair bit of midweek riding at the mo as all Sundays are out for me until October now.
Jase_MK
Jase_MK
XT
XT

Number of posts : 136
Bike : FSR XC/Summer Season/Inbred SS
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy 2009-08-18, 07:38

Yes sorry I mean the yellow key fobs
Andy
Andy

Number of posts : 381
Bike : Yeti AS-R
Registration date : 2006-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Jase_MK 2009-08-18, 08:52

I assume membership form and cheque were received fine then.

Shall I just continue riding without a membership tag thing until I can next make it to a Sunday ride, probably in a couple of months?
Jase_MK
Jase_MK
XT
XT

Number of posts : 136
Bike : FSR XC/Summer Season/Inbred SS
Registration date : 2008-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 2009-08-18, 09:44

Just as an aside to the membership/cover thing.......I bumped into (not literally) a family out near the bottom of the rollercoaster. They stood still, we slowed down, said hello, etc. and went about our business. It all seemed friendly enough but we met up again at the bottom of Phil's hill near the monument in Bow Brickhill. The man decided to 'have a word'. The long and short of it boils down to this: he claims that we were not supposed to ride on bridleways and the woburn permit didn't extend to what he called the back woods (I guess the church side of the woods, rollercoaster, ups and downs etc) and therefore we had no 3rd party liability insurance either. I nodded, smiled and thanked him (it seemed the polite thing to do since I was in club kit!)
It is my understanding that you're not supposed to ride on FOOTpaths, the path we were on was definitely a bridleway and we all had permits. Not sure where we stood on liability insurance. Care to enlighten me?
Paul
Paul
XT
XT

Number of posts : 135
Bike : Trek 8500, X-Cal 29er and a Madone 5.2
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  superflyjim 2009-08-18, 10:39

Paul wrote:Just as an aside to the membership/cover thing.......I bumped into (not literally) a family out near the bottom of the rollercoaster. They stood still, we slowed down, said hello, etc. and went about our business. It all seemed friendly enough but we met up again at the bottom of Phil's hill near the monument in Bow Brickhill. The man decided to 'have a word'. The long and short of it boils down to this: he claims that we were not supposed to ride on bridleways and the woburn permit didn't extend to what he called the back woods (I guess the church side of the woods, rollercoaster, ups and downs etc) and therefore we had no 3rd party liability insurance either. I nodded, smiled and thanked him (it seemed the polite thing to do since I was in club kit!)
It is my understanding that you're not supposed to ride on FOOTpaths, the path we were on was definitely a bridleway and we all had permits. Not sure where we stood on liability insurance. Care to enlighten me?

You are allowed to ride on Bridleways as they are a public right of access.You are not allowed to ride on footpaths!

Maybe this said "gentleman" should get a life and not be such a nimby! I'm sure he's the same type of bloke that complains that the youth of today don't get out and about enough and all they do is hang around street courners and that they should bring back national service....blah blah F**king blah.

SHHHHHH....don't tell anyone but an new trail is in the making.....

Suspect afro
superflyjim
superflyjim

Number of posts : 378
Bike : Commencal Meta 5.5.2 with bling bling XTR
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://www.arrse.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  N@th 2009-08-18, 10:56

Hey big man, hows tricks? Have you decided what gender you are yet? Roadie or Off-Roadie? Also, don't let Mr Atkinson sway your decision, as I know what way he swings !! Very Happy

Have a gander at the Greensands Trust site map, clicky here this details where you are allowed to ride, anything else, by their own admission is out of bounds !

But if you read the schpeel from their membership form page, clicky here Item 10 includes a nice little statement, indemnifying themselves from any claims saying "Cyclists ride at their own risk"

I'm pretty sure the Third Party Liability is in place more to save the Duke of Beds ass from getting sued more than anything, however, from what I can see, if you did have an accident in the 'permitted to ride' areas, then you would be covered.

So to cut a long boring story short, the guy is right, if you are riding a trail that is not on the Greensands map, then you are not covered, plus you def wouldn't be covered by the club insurance, as I'm pretty sure there would be a statement in the policy stating cover is only given whilst riding in a permitted area.....
N@th
N@th
Chris King Ultimate Racer
Chris King Ultimate Racer

Number of posts : 902
Bike : BMX Aero Burner, CW handlebars, 2 finger brakes, layback seat post.
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 2009-08-18, 11:10

Seems he had a run in with another lot of m'bers who managed to run over his dogs and do a bunk. It just so happens that the next time he's out he sees us, so lets off a little steam. Of course he didn't say if his dogs were under control or not silent
Still swinging both ways but could be talked into the underworld of carbon road bikes if the cycle to work scheme ever materialises. Nothing flashhttp://www.drakescycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m1b66s6p984. should do the business!
Paul
Paul
XT
XT

Number of posts : 135
Bike : Trek 8500, X-Cal 29er and a Madone 5.2
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 2009-08-18, 11:13

but wait................
Paul