Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pathfinder Fizz

+3
fizzmo
Caroline
smegger
7 posters

Go down

Pathfinder Fizz Empty Pathfinder Fizz

Post  smegger 2008-08-26, 02:46

Just a huge thank you to Fizz for taking on the thankless task of guiding in the Brecons, we even got to do a few extra hill training, LOL

Also thanks to Andy for making it happen, I've even forgiven him for throwing a wooden spoon at me and hitting me in the head.

The accommodation and food was brilliant so it meant we could just chill in the evening without having to drive anywhere, it even had suitable food for Swampy lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
smegger
smegger
XTR, SLR's and a Chris King H/S
XTR, SLR's and a Chris King H/S

Number of posts : 489
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Pathfinder Fizz Empty Re: Pathfinder Fizz

Post  Caroline 2008-08-26, 05:19

I second that from myself and Danny. The accommodation, food, riding and even the weather was all fab. So a big thank you to Fizz and Andy.

I enjoyed every minute of it, especially the mud. I would say the same for Danny but his sense of humour fadded around the 6 hour mark on Sunday although he didn't throw too many toys out of the pram. But once he had a beer in his hand all the suffering was quickly forgotton and his sense of humour returned.

I have edited the photos (sorry Phil not all your master pieces will make the album!) and have burnt them and the little video clips on to a DVD. If those who have the power to put them on the forum would like to do so, let me know.

Thanks again. cheers
Caroline
Caroline
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 218
Bike : Girlie Stumpjumper 2007
Registration date : 2007-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  fizzmo 2008-08-26, 07:25

mm, it was a whole different kind of trail riding - that is when you could see the trail through the brambles, stinging nettles, branches and mud. Rolling Eyes

How are everyone's legs? - some comedy falls and slips though even from the Dazzler..!

Thanks Andy for setting up the trip and a great ride through the Gap - I'm just a little aprehensive about the Brecon beast in 3 weeks time..
fizzmo
fizzmo
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 250
Bike : SRAMtastic WiFli

Back to top Go down

Post  fizzmo 2008-08-26, 07:26

mm, it was a whole different kind of trail riding - that is when you could see the trail through the brambles, stinging nettles, branches and mud. Rolling Eyes

How are everyone's legs? - some comedy falls and slips though even from the Dazzler..!

Thanks Andy for setting up the trip and a great ride through the Gap - I'm just a little aprehensive about the Brecon beast in 3 weeks time..
fizzmo
fizzmo
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 250
Bike : SRAMtastic WiFli

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy_daz 2008-08-26, 09:58

Top weekend away.

It was nice to do something different than go to a trail center although some of it was a bit extreme
The descent from the Gap was great fun a bit easier than I remember but maybe that was due to trying to ride down Y Das the day before.

Sundays ride was a touch muddy in places where big fat tyres don't work thats my excuse for 3 falls and a bail anyway.
I had two trips off the trail and rolled down the hill in the bracken, one bail where I got stuck in a muddy pool up to the axels and rather than fall in the mud I jumped off the bike into the bracken and ended up sitting in a puddle. The last fall was a bit of a slip then I ended up sitting on a thistle Shocked
The herd of ponys that came galloping past was quite a sight just glad Laura had a puncture on the way up or we may of been on a collision course on the same trail.

Must apologised to Andy for giving him a bit of a beasting on our extra ride* on Friday which included a bit of dodgy map reading on my part

*Push / Carry
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  phil 2008-08-26, 12:21

love to you all Very Happy
phil
phil
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 313
Bike : giant nrs
Registration date : 2006-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy 2008-08-27, 14:23

A great weekend thanks to everyone for coming and for sticking out the rides because of the weather!

Pics here:

https://s232.photobucket.com/albums/ee63/andysoper77/Cyclone%20Brecon%20Beacons%20Trip%20Aug%202008/

(Note the one about my hip-it happened on the Friday coming off Y Glas!!!)

lol!
Andy
Andy

Number of posts : 381
Bike : Yeti AS-R
Registration date : 2006-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 2008-08-28, 11:48

Daz
You sure you're not a secret roadie? Looks suspiciously like newspaper stuck down your top (for wind deflection) Shocked
Paul
Paul
XT
XT

Number of posts : 135
Bike : Trek 8500, X-Cal 29er and a Madone 5.2
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  speedy_daz 2008-08-28, 13:14

Wash your mouth out with soap and water Mad

Its a map Razz it did keep the wind chill off though Razz
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down