Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evans Cycles

+6
superflyjim
Tin Tin
Little Gav
jim
chambo
N@th
10 posters

Go down

Evans Cycles Empty Evans Cycles

Post  N@th 2008-07-31, 08:59

Ok, good news......

The good news is that Cyclone members do not any discount at Evans. So that means no more wasted conversations talking to complete morons regarding bikes / servicing / repairs.

I do however, have some vouchers that give you 15% off clothing and servicing and 10% off bikes if you are thinking of buying something.

But think really hard, I know its convenient, but the customer service is sh1t.....they know very little about anything bike related......and you could probably get the same deal on the Internet or in Roy Pinks / Phil Corleys. In fact I bet if you asked either shops to price match they probably would.

So, personally I am going to give them 2 fingers, and never grace them with any of my cash ever again. They treated me like soime halfwit when I went in to see why they were not offering discount to members.

They tried telling me they have NEVER given Cyclone discount for the last 12 months, and also they have NEVER given Cyclone members 10% on sale items. Which I know is untrue, as Jase and I have bought bikes in there in the sale and had our 10% on top.

So, in short, (not sure if you can tell by the tone of the email) they really f**ked me off.........their attitude stinks, and to be honest, I would rather wait for parts and have my bike off the road than conveniently drive up there and buy something.

The rest is entirely up to you.

Nath

.....breath. Evil or Very Mad
N@th
N@th
Chris King Ultimate Racer
Chris King Ultimate Racer

Number of posts : 902
Bike : BMX Aero Burner, CW handlebars, 2 finger brakes, layback seat post.
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Evans Cycles Empty Re: Evans Cycles

Post  chambo 2008-07-31, 09:27

i totally agree matey , ive always got discount in there by showing my membership card so for them to say they have never given discount is a loader poo !!! been in there few times for parts before and they have given me wrong stuff plus i ONCE took me steed in for service and they decided i needed new gear cabling even though i had replaced them myself the day before !! needless to say i didnt pay for the new cables they took upon themselves to change !!

chambo
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 83
Bike : Santa Cruz Superlight-IN WHITE !!
Registration date : 2007-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  jim 2008-07-31, 09:43

its about time you lot opened your eye to evans they know
jack s*@t about bikes

i know its on my door step but you lot should use leisure lakes
always helpful and know what their talking about
plus will price match (but i did'nt tell you that)

jim Cool
jim
jim
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 217
Bike : 2011 stumpjumper EVO
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Little Gav 2008-07-31, 10:00

I've said it all along so no need to say it again.

However If you wanna talk to some spotty halfwit kid go get yourself up there.

If you combine them and their mates at Palicrap you have a true recipe for poor service, half arsed truths and general not giving a toss.

Having said all of that I'll take some discount vouchers off you Nath to supplement the birthday vouchers I already have. May as well get something back LOL.

Cheers Bud

Last edited by Little Gav on 2008-08-01, 04:12; edited 1 time in total
Little Gav
Little Gav
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 652
Bike : Orange Five, P7 & Condor Fratello
Registration date : 2006-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Tin Tin 2008-07-31, 12:21

chambo wrote:i totally agree matey , ive always got discount in there by showing my membership card !!

You've got a membership card Rolling Eyes Ive been waiting 6 years for mine, what do they look like? lol! Have you got a red band to hold your handle bars on aswell?
Tin Tin
Tin Tin
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 281
Bike : Cannondale RZ120 - 2
Registration date : 2006-10-27

http://www.roughridersmbc.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  superflyjim 2008-08-01, 01:59

When ever I've been up there they have been completely shite.

Thats why you should always go to Pinks in Newport.

Or Leisure Lakes up near Jimmer.

Corleys is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive!!!! And unless your some sort of bike geek you always feel out of place in there.

Plus Alex in Pinkies makes a lovely cup of char!
superflyjim
superflyjim
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's
XTR and a pair of Crossmax SLR's

Number of posts : 378
Bike : Commencal Meta 5.5.2 with bling bling XTR
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://www.arrse.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT 2008-08-01, 05:04

I've started using Evans after a run in with some twat at Corelys who tried to charge me £100 labour to send my rear shock back to specialized (Andy Soper was sniffing around the workshop at the time), the bike is a 2008 sworks epic and the shock's under warranty so specialized pay for all labour etc.....
I used Pinks for over a year and although Alex is very good, the other fella messed me around so much during a bike build I decided not to use them any more. So the only bike shop left for me to use is Evans Neutral I dropped my bike off on Friday Evening and I had it back on Wednesday with no charge. One of the lads (Grant) is really helpful and does know his stuff, as for the rest of them I'm not sure...
I did ask if TeamMK get a discount and they said no and then asked how could Cyclone members get 10% off and they informed me that they don't, is that because Andy doesn't work there anymore?

Anyhoo
I'll be up the woods on Sunday
Steve
SteveT
SteveT
XT
XT

Number of posts : 159
Bike : Specialized Epic and Trek Madone
Registration date : 2007-02-27

http://www.myspace.com/stevetorley

Back to top Go down

Post  fizzmo 2008-08-04, 05:26

Grant helped me out with a set of brakes v short notice, though the workshop forgot to screw the rotors on with all the bolts Sad

Pirates! pirat

Like any bike shop - depends who you speak to. I've had some shocking customer service from the boy in Phils too Mad Mad Mad though speaking to Ceri is excellent and she is always very helpful - the matey with the earring has warmed to us too.. Surprised

that's my two pennith worth..
fizzmo
fizzmo
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 250
Bike : SRAMtastic WiFli
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul 2008-08-04, 10:55

Just as you were getting used to her, Ceri has now left. Paul is the dude with the less extreme of the ear piercings affraid
Paul
Paul
XT
XT

Number of posts : 135
Bike : Trek 8500, X-Cal 29er and a Madone 5.2
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  MKSteve 2008-08-18, 15:12

I'd like use this thread to add my shout for my local bike shop.

I used to goto Denbigh School in Shenley Church End, so Chaineys was my LBS. Always bought my bike bits from them when they 1st opened, and still go there now for minor bits such as lube, tubes, cables and pads etc, spokes and the odd wheel straightening Embarassed

They're really friendly and always keen to offer me a nice discount and advice on any mechanical issues, so in return they get my loyalty, and the possibility that my next bike will be bought through them, as they're a Giant dealer.

They always seem impressed that the Y frame they sold me all those years ago is still getting ragged hard every week and even managing the odd race Laughing

Tried Phil Corleys a few times, but I find it a little unfriendly and intimidating there, I can't put my finger on why.

Just my £0.02

Steve

MKSteve
XT
XT

Number of posts : 123
Bike : Univega DS830
Registration date : 2007-08-05

http://www.royalandderngate.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content