Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calling Female Road Riders

Go down

Calling Female Road Riders Empty Calling Female Road Riders

Post  N@th 2013-05-09, 07:42

All, apologies for those who may think I'm encroacing a little, but with my previous links to Cyclone hopefully you'll know be better than that. Very Happy

So, over the last 6 months or so a few of us have created a Road Cycling club within the MK Dons. Its a totally inclusive club, no pretense, no clicky club rides, with one simple aim, of what I think we all share, that of getting more people into cycling. Supporting the club is Trek UK who are our main sponsor.

We currently have 41 members, we have 2 Club Runs leaving the Club House (or as I like to call it the MK Dons Stadium Very Happy ) at 09:00 on a Sunday. We have a Steady Ride and a Recreational ride with varying pace. We tend to ride to a cafe, have a brew and a piece of cake, and then return.

The website tells you absolutely everything you need to know about the club, club rides on the calendar, our charity work, etc etc. www.mkdset.cc or http://www.mkdonsset.com/community/se/

The reason for my post is that in conjunction with Trek we are running a program to encourage more females to get into Road Cycling and hopefully into our club. We hare holding a Launch Event, led by Chris Garrison, Head of Media for Trek, which will be split into 2 stages.

1) Stage 1 is a launch event at the Trek Store MK, this will be led by Chris and cover things like club riding, bike set up, basic road side skills like changing a puncture, and a general chit chat around what you can expect. Chris has been involved in developing clubs in the US, and obviously with the Trek links she knows her stuff in regards to bikes.

2) Stage 2 will be an evening ride, hopefully the following day after the launch event, potentially starting at the Stadium MK, out and back.

If you are interested in taking part (sorry BG / LG you have to be a female!) drop me an email nath.thomas at me.com or a PM me.
N@th
N@th
Chris King Ultimate Racer
Chris King Ultimate Racer

Number of posts : 902
Bike : BMX Aero Burner, CW handlebars, 2 finger brakes, layback seat post.
Registration date : 2006-10-26

Back to top Go down