Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday Night Ride in Aspley Heath

+8
Darren
Si
Martin
Dave B
Neil J
gavin4
Rodolphe
bferrey
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Thursday Night Ride in Aspley Heath - Page 2 Empty Re: Thursday Night Ride in Aspley Heath

Post  Martin 2011-05-27, 02:28

I saw John brifly last night, other than that a quiet night in the woods.
A very gentle ride but just over 3 hours of riding, I stopped when I couldn't go on any more.
Martin
Martin
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 233
Bike : Prophet 1000
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night Ride in Aspley Heath - Page 2 Empty Re: Thursday Night Ride in Aspley Heath

Post  gavin4 2011-05-28, 16:51

Good show of determinaton there Martin, I hope to be there for the next one.

gavin4
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 7
Bike : salvage yard style riding iron
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave B 2011-05-31, 01:48

Hi- I should be able to make it this Thursday if anyone is about
Dave B
Dave B
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 54
Bike : Yeti 575
Registration date : 2010-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin 2011-05-31, 02:50

I can't make it this week.

I found the trail Phil told us about, a very steap drop Shocked into a jump and a burm made from logs. Laughing
Martin
Martin
XTR
XTR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave B 2011-05-31, 02:53

Cheers Martin

I have still to find it - but I know Neil has tried it- not sure if he is about on Thursday? Shame you are busy.
Dave B
Dave B
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan S 2011-05-31, 03:34

Count me in. Usual place at 6:30?
Alan S
Alan S
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 40
Bike : Camber Pro
Registration date : 2011-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave B 2011-05-31, 03:36

Yep normal place at 6.30 then we'll loop back at 7.30 in case anyone eles has arrived
Dave B
Dave B
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil J 2011-05-31, 11:45

Yep should be able to make it this week. Look forward to seeing you at 6.30!
Neil J
Neil J
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 60
Bike : Spezialized FSR/Scott Scale
Registration date : 2010-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  john-wingnut 2011-06-01, 00:49

I'll be there, 6.30

John

john-wingnut
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 75
Bike : Santa Cruz Chameleon
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Thursday Night Ride in Aspley Heath - Page 2 Empty Jumping

Post  Alan S 2011-06-01, 14:28

Claire and I were chatting during our Monday ride; and we were thinking of taking in some of the drops / kickers etc that are part of some of the mini downhill runs tomorrow (Thurs 2nd). Usual place at 6:30 so we can have a chat then.

Perhaps not such a sensible thing to do on my first ride out with clip-ins, but if I were sensible I would have chosen a safer sport, like parachuting.

C yall 2moro, Alan
Alan S
Alan S
Deore
Deore

Back to top Go down

Post  john-wingnut 2011-06-03, 05:22

Last night no one turned up at half 7, so it was a bit of a waste looping back to the car park. I think it would be nicer to do a two hour ride / longer flowing ride, instead of looping back and waiting at the car park for no one to turn up. We do that on Sundays anyhow.

A couple of the guys last night were also in agreement. So next week I think it would be good to give this way a go

John

john-wingnut
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  madhatter 2011-06-05, 05:22

Alan.s what clip-in`s did you go with? might try them on road to see how good they are. Might also help with foot location lol. Cheers

Dave.
madhatter
madhatter
Deore
Deore

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2010-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan S 2011-06-05, 14:37

Shimano SPD 540 for £37 from Evans on-line. My shoes were last years clearance stock over half price at £70!!

Beware though, they take some getting used to. You need to be extreemly confident that you can snap your shoes out very quickly if you need to put your foot down on a technical bit or on an uphill climb. You can imagine what will hapen if you cant get your shoe out of the clip in time, TIMBER!! Surprised

Also, if you fall off at speed and dont release your shoes you stand a very good chance in twisting or even snaping your ankle.

I dont think I am overstating the danger here, perhaps some of the more experienced guys can give advice? I would be interested to hear what others think.
Alan S
Alan S
Deore
Deore

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin 2011-06-05, 15:07

My advice would be to unclip before you hit the ground for the first time when you c0k up a jump and start cartwheeling. If you forget you have another chance before you hit the ground again. Tearing a hamstring is not very amusing.
Nor is landing on your arse out side a supermarket in front of loads of fat shoppers coz you pulled a wheely and over did it.

May be that's why I thought flats may be worth a try.
Embarassed
Martin
Martin
XTR
XTR

Back to top Go down

Post  pinky 2011-06-06, 12:22

Speaking from someone who was behind Martin when he pulled a wheelie and landed on his bum still clipped into his bike
'IT LOOKED REALLY FUNNY' and I think that for comedy value clippless (NEVER worked out why its called that) should be encouraged

But I do have to say my record for falling off in a single ride was 6 or 8 when wearing clipless for first time and I did fall on concrete another time

(By the way I have a pair of size 6 blokes shoes (Diadora) that someone cud have- just need some clips they're hardly worn I was given them and they were too narrow- is there a swap thing going on at clubnight? I'll swap them for a roadbike.... any takers? No? ...)

Very Happy
pinky
pinky
XT
XT

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post  john-wingnut 2011-06-20, 06:10

anybody riding this thursday evening?

John

john-wingnut
Deore LX
Deore LX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2