Cyclone MBC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help/Advice for the Skyline Trail @ Afan

3 posters

Go down

Help/Advice for the Skyline Trail @ Afan  Empty Help/Advice for the Skyline Trail @ Afan

Post  marko 2011-04-25, 12:31

Hey everyone, A friend and I are planning on doing the Skyline trail in Afan on the 14th of May and I was seeing if anyone with advancing years (read experience!) can pass on some advice on this trail?

I hear that the trail seems longer than the alleged 30 miles it is - if so do the short cuts remove any of the fun singletrack? (Link to Afan Trail)

Cheers very muchly.... my legs are sore just looking at the map! Embarassed

Mark
marko
marko
Deore LX
Deore LX

Number of posts : 54
Bike : Canyon XC8
Registration date : 2010-07-30

Back to top Go down

Help/Advice for the Skyline Trail @ Afan  Empty Re: Help/Advice for the Skyline Trail @ Afan

Post  speedy_daz 2011-04-25, 13:01

Im not a fan of the skyline done it a couple of times other than the last descent its not as good as Whites or the Wall.

My choice would be todo the W2 trail you get the interesting climb of the whites level plus the great descent of the wall, then if you don't fancy the climb back over the top its and easy pedal back along the old railway line.

You can also add in the whites level black section.
speedy_daz
speedy_daz
Chris King Racer 600
Chris King Racer 600

Number of posts : 689
Bike : OnOne Inbred 29er, Giant Trance X, Trek 4300, GT Avalanche, Genesis Day 02
Registration date : 2006-10-29

http://brogboroughlake.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Help/Advice for the Skyline Trail @ Afan  Empty Re: Help/Advice for the Skyline Trail @ Afan

Post  jim 2011-04-25, 13:17

i would agree with speedy

w2 is awesome,still 45km but two good decents
and the last one will have you grinning from ear to ear
well worth it Very Happy
jim
jim
XTR
XTR

Number of posts : 217
Bike : 2011 stumpjumper EVO
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down